Monday, October 16, 2017

Letter from a married daughter to her mother

Letter  from a married  daughter   to her mother

By
P.R.Ramachander



(Completly based on the post of my friend  Rajagopal  Srinivasan .Thanks to him)

Dearest  mother  mine , just like ,
Every one else I got married  to him,
Whom I liked , with your consent ,
And expected life to be a sweet dream.

Only now I realize   that my life   really starts,
Only  after   the “end”  slide is shown in the cinema,
I came to know   there  is much more things  in being,
What is desired in life and about that  some one desiring you.

How  many responsibilities  , burdens ,
Expectations    and sacrifices  it  involves  was unknown to me,
For example I am not able to have a late morning wake up,
And am forced to get up in dawn and start my work before others wake up.

When I was with you , I used to fly in dresses  that I liked,
But now they want me to wear   dresses that they  like,
I used to simply vanish telling   you , I have to meet a friend,
But nowadays  , I have  to change my programme  according to others needs.

I am not able to sleep when I want  ,
Watch the   TV serial   which I like  ,
And Some times  I feel  married life is boring ,
For Have I not sacrificed my freedom   for its sake.

Was I not    flying  with joy when I was with you,
Some times I even  feel like  coming   back to you  ,
I want to lie on your lap  and make you  force me  ,
To eat  at the proper time and make you prepare  all  sweets that I like.

I feel  that without any worry , I should  be,
Enveloped  in your dear hug  and talk all nonsense with you,
But Suddenly I start  thinking  that you too  ,
Would have  undergone all   these sufferings in your life,

Had you thought like  me, would I have been there,
Should I not return your toil, sufferings   and affection,
I know that  even this thought  , I have  learnt from you,
And when I think like that  Life seems to be easy  and not hard.

AS times go by  , I also would   start loving my family ,
I would become   ready to make  sacrifices like you,
The mental strength we gave you, would be  given to me by my family,
And So Sweet Mummy , I have become  ready to give like you.

Affectionately  yours

Your pet   daughter

No comments: